Filing the 990-N e-Postcard
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Tax Year
- Legal name and mailing address
- APO + your chapter’s Greek name
- Your chapter’s on-campus mailbox
- Name and address of a chapter officer (preferably either the President or Treasurer)
- Your chapter’s website address (only if it is updated regularly)
- Confirmation that the chapter’s gross receipts are $50,000 or less
- Gross receipts means all money that comes into the chapter account over the year. This does NOT mean the bank account balance.
For more information, check out the Treasurer Guide on the APO IMPACT website. It offers valuable resources that can be useful for any chapter
Checking Your Tax Exempt Status
- Select “Have filed Form 990-N (e-Postcard)” on the right.
- Enter “Alpha Phi Omega” in the Name field.
- Enter the city and state or zip code.
- Click “Search” and view the results.
Chapter Filing Information
With this table, organized by Section, you can find your chapter’s EIN and the end of your chapter’s fiscal year, according to the IRS. The annual deadline to file the 990-N form for your chapter is the 15th day of the 5th month after the end of the fiscal year, and you may not file for a fiscal year until after that year is over. For example, if your chapter’s fiscal year ends on December 31, you have from January 1 to May 15 to file your 990-N form.
|Sec||Chapter||School||EIN||Fiscal Year End|
|Q-1||Epsilon Sigma||University of Buffalo||43-1634764||August 31|
|Q-1||Iota Omega||SUNY Brockport||01-0684997||June 30|
|Q-1||Mu Lambda||University of Rochester||46-1678723||August 31|
|Q-1||Xi Zeta||Rochester Institute of Technology||16-6069091||December 31|
|Q-1||Chi Pi||SUNY Fredonia||43-1678758||August 31|
|Q-1||Alpha Beta Beta||St. Bonaventure University||43-1634738||August 31|
|Q-1||Alpha Beta Xi||SUNY Geneseo||16-1294054||December 31|
|Q-1||Alpha Beta Rho||University of Pittsburgh – Bradford|
|Q-2||Gamma||Cornell University||16-6069088||December 31|
|Q-2||Phi||Syracuse University/SUNY ESF||16-6069089||December 31|
|Q-2||Epsilon Nu||SUNY Oswego||43-1678722||August 31|
|Q-2||Eta Mu||Utica College||46-4835503||???|
|Q-2||Theta Kappa||SUNY Binghamton||20-0883771||August 31|
|Q-2||Alpha Eta Sigma||Cazenovia College||EXEMPT||EXEMPT|
|Q-2||Alpha Zeta Lambda||SUNY Cortland||59-3837821||December 31|
|Q-3||Epsilon Zeta||Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute||51-0244113||August 31|
|Q-3||Kappa Phi||St. Lawrence University||22-2533518||December 31|
|Q-3||Mu Omicron||Clarkson University||43-1634737||August 31|
|Q-3||Xi Rho||SUNY Oneonta||13-2902955||December 31|
|Q-3||Alpha Delta Eta||SUNY Albany||36-3948016||August 31|
|Q-3||Alpha Eta Mu||SUNY Canton||TBD||TBD|